Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Sodomy is a term that comes from the city Sodom, and mean bad sexual practices, is Gomorrah a worse sin?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, because the curse of gonorrhea (from the root Gomorrah) comes from the mortal sin of straight sex fornication and/or that abomination called "homosexuality."

Aren't perverse sexually obsessed Christian doctrines precious?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

After doing some research about your question;

Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as metaphors for vice and sexual deviation. The story has therefore given rise to words in several languages, including the English word, "sodomy", a term used today predominantly in law (derived from traditional Christian usage) to describe non-vaginal intercourse, as well as bestiality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah

But this really only explains Sodom ... so I researched the web;

I believe Gomorrah to be a horrific journey into the corrupt, violent heart ... so this could lean one to the thoughts about pureness of intention. What else was mentioned was sexual deviation and the seeking of strange flesh (but this could refer to bestiality and such). I comprehend it to include intentions of heart and Gomorrah was one of five cities within Sodom ... possibly the center as our hearts are the center of our bodies (not in measurement, but in drive and motivation).

• Bill C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

To be honest, sodomy is a man-made term, not found in scripture, nor is it even hinted at there (in the original languages). The idea that Sodom was condemned for specific sexual practices is primarily based on the Quran. Neither the Hebrew text of the Bible nor any of the ancient Jewish commentaries on it ever suggest that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for sexual sins, nor do they mention homosexuality.

When the Moors occupied the Iberian Peninsula, the Sodom and Homosexuality notion spread to Europe, was believed, and in the 17th century, new translations of the Bible were altered to reflect the idea. This included inventing a new word "sodomite" and putting it in the Bible. (No such word is found in the original languages.)

Today, no legitimate Bible scholar believes Sodom was destroyed for homosexuality.

• John
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Probably just as bad. They couldn't get a word that sounded right out of Gomorrah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gomorrah is not a sin that I am aware of.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You've never had a Gomorrah? Oh man, it's brutal. But feels good at the end.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's funny because in the Bible story the only thing it says about sexual practices is that Lot offered his young daughters to pacify a mob.

Then later, those daughters plied him with wine, had sex with him and got pregnant.

• 1 decade ago

oh yeah never thought of that...they forgot about gomorrah, maybe that's where the word...hemorrhoids comes from. lmao

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe gomorrah is what you get from bad sexual practices.

• mw
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

GomorrahGonorrhea

That is supposed to have

come from men doing

Sheep

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.