mook asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Obama does not deserve Nobel Peace Prize?

Do you think Harvey Milk deserves to win the Nobel Peace Prize more than Obama?

Favorite Answer

Neither of them deserve it

Then again neither did Carter,Gore or Arafat

The award lost all meaning years ago

Nobel prize? Google Alfred Nobel and see how a death merchant who invented dynamite and killed thousands felt guilty and started the award with blood money. What normal person would accept blood money from a bunch of Swedish socialists? Read up on the death merchant Alfred Nobel!!

He never wanted it and who are you to say he does not deserve it? I think he deserves it just by becoming president in a country that thought there would never be a black president. I think Americans who voted for him deserve it for showing the world that we have some racism but we know who is more intelligent and able to help the American people and save the United States of America. All racism aside. Americans wanted help for themselves and the rebuilding of America. After 8 years of destruction from Republican President Bush.

• allyce

properly it relies upon what your political leaning is ? for my area, Obama did promise or initiate various steps, which if carried out would desire to hold peace to greater worldwide. notwithstanding, the end results of those steps have not yet borne fruit, we even dont know if those steps would be triumphant or failure. So i think of it became somewhat untimely on area Nobel commitee to have offered this prize to Obama. so by technique of this questioning perspective i might say HE did no longer DESERVE Now the different perspective is, purely seem international, how many human beings or leaders are you able to element out who've achieved some thing to hold peace to the worldwide. probable no person. So by technique of this attitude Nobel Commitee became out of alternatives & had no person greater effectual obtainable to offer this prize to. Obama would desire to no longer have succeded yet he's atleast attempting. So by technique of this attitude i might say particular AS AN INCENTIVE FOR destiny ITS ok. i might extremely go with the 1st one.......

• Tootoy

Who am I to second guess the 5 members of the Nobel Prize Committee? Four of them came out to express support for Obama and to explain to the world why they chose him. That's enough for me.

Yes Harvey Milk deserves to win it.

but to be fair, Obama has got us on schedule to leave Iraq and close Guantanamo by 2011.

• Max50

Yes Harvey put it all on the line and has something to show for it.

Obama just gave a speech.

He doesn't deserve it and he already said such. Why is this still a story? If I was him I would have refused the award, but then again, I'm not him.

Like the first guy said the award has no value anymore

• They gave it to him eleven days after taking office. What did he do in eleven days to deserve it?

What has he done after the first 100 days to deserve it?

What has he done since getting in office to get it.

The answer to all of those questions is a big fat NOTHING!