Spam filter does not seem to be working on Verizon e-mail account...?

I am constantly sorting out literally 100s of junk emails a week. It's the same ones too, even though I marked those emails as spam. A few of the spam junk mail I signed-up for them not to send me crap, but they're still appearing after weeks/months. I'm wondering if Verizon is inadequate in the spam... show more I am constantly sorting out literally 100s of junk emails a week. It's the same ones too, even though I marked those emails as spam. A few of the spam junk mail I signed-up for them not to send me crap, but they're still appearing after weeks/months. I'm wondering if Verizon is inadequate in the spam filtering business. Anyone else have this problem (or with any other provider)?
I know to select all and delete the junk at once, but it is truly ridiculous that I have to sort through so many just to find the emails I need.
Update: Well I thought of that #2 point you brought up before I checked that "do not send mail". I did it to the ones I THOUGHT were credited (ie Baby 365 [no clue how I got that one stuck on me], Sports Authority, etc), but obviously I was wrong.
1 answer 1