please answer theses questions on nobel prizes?
1. What is the Nobel Prize
2. How many Nobel Prizes are awarded each year
3. How many Nobel Prizes are related with Scientific issues
4. Describe the most important Nobel Prize related to Science awarded in 2009
- VïvïÐ §kïê§Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. The Nobel Prize is a prize developed by the Nobel Foundation. It is based on the will of Alfred Nobel, a Swedish chemist. The Nobel Prize is awarded in five categories: Peace, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, and Literature. The first prize was awarded in 1901. His will stated the criteria and standards for the Nobel Prize. There is a Nobel Prize for Economics, but it is not established by Nobel. It was developed in 1968. The Nobel Committee votes and decides on who gets the prize.
2. 6 prizes are awarded each year. The recipient(s) will receive a medal, diploma, and 1 million dollars.
3. The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded 103 times to 187 Nobel Laureates between 1901 and 2009. John Bardeen is the only Nobel Laureate who has been awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics twice, in 1956 and 1972. This means that a total of 186 individuals have received the Nobel Prize in Physics.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded 101 times to 157 Nobel Laureates between 1901 and 2009. Frederick Sanger is the only Nobel Laureate who has been awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry twice, in 1958 and 1980. This means that a total of 156 individuals have received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
4. In my opinion, the most important prize would have to be Chemistry.Source(s): http://nobelprize.org/index.html
- Anonymous1 decade ago
This websites answers 2 of the 4 questions asked above.
Every year since 1901 the Nobel Prize has been awarded for achievements in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature and for peace. The Nobel Prize is an international award administered by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm, Sweden. In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank established The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, founder of the Nobel Prize. Each prize consists of a medal, personal diploma, and a cash award.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
One more question.
5. How many people who didn't do their own homework have won a Nobel Prize?
- c v s rLv 51 decade ago
pl. refer a G.K. book.