blue317 asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Do you think the state of Maine, need two new Senators?

Favorite Answer

I think the Senate needs 100 new senators.

I think the House needs 435 new representatives.

I think the White House needs 1 new president.

I think the Supreme court needs 9 new justices.

but that's just me.

Of course it does.

But it isn't a matter of need. It's a matter of entitlement. Any State receives two Senators. That's the way it works. That's be design so that every State has equal say in the body of the Senate. The United States is a democratic representative republic. It's not a democracy. It isn't majority rule. The Senate exists for the very purpose of bring a State's wishes to the bargaining table. The House of Reprehensibles is there to bring the people's wishes to the bargaining table which is why they are based upon population.

Previously, before the 17th amendment to the US Constitution the State's legislature selected the Senators, not the voters. It wasn't intended that the people should need nor want to contact their Senator. They were to act as the State requested. We should revert back to this method and return the Senate to it's intended purpose.

All spending bills originate in the House. Know your representative, well. They are your direct line into the federal government.

People smarter than most of us wrote that each state would have two senators, yep Maine needs two.

I think it is up to them. Their senators are working only for the people of Maine.

However, considering they know Ms. Snowe was a Moderate when they elected her, based on her pro-choice, pro-gun control platform, I don't see why they wouldn't re-elect her.

• I don't think the United Stated needs any senators. Warts on society's azz is what they are.

Yes, but it's up to the Maineacs.

They need not one. 0bama votes their tickets