Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

CAR COLOUR CHANGE!!!!!!..WHAT DO I DO?

Hi,

I am thinking of changing the colour of my car from green to Met Black.

* What do i do legally?

* How does it effect my insurance?

* Would this be classed as a Modifation with regards to my insurance even though the log book will state the new colour?

* Will the insurance price sky rocket?

I was thinking that if i change the colour and then notify the DVLA who change the colour on the log book. That would be it.. is that correct?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Will be a modification if the colour is not standard on that car and would affect the cost of repairs in the event of an accident so expect the price to rise - you could just give them a call and ask first.

You have to amend and send off the log book (V5C) to the DVLA - not to do so would be a minor criminal matter. Nothing else apart from telling your insurers.

i think of purple stands proud the main, next all black. i could desire to continually locate Sr and Jr interior the %. back then. Yellow is extraordinarily common too. Jeff Gordon's "Rainbow" motor vehicle became into additionally extraordinarily common. His dayglow yellow 24 nonetheless stands proud. Jr's paint schemes are ok, yet no longer as sturdy as that purple Budweiser motor vehicle. i like whilst he runs the Mountain Dew motor vehicle extra helpful than the Amp or nationwide guard.

it will set u back like 10k