Sending birthday card to step son?

Hey everyone, my husband has a son with an ex who is turning 7 at the end of the month. However the mother has moved out of state and we haven't seen the child in a year. It was the mother's choice to move. Anyways the mother and my husband don't have a very good relationship either, its always some... show more Hey everyone, my husband has a son with an ex who is turning 7 at the end of the month. However the mother has moved out of state and we haven't seen the child in a year. It was the mother's choice to move. Anyways the mother and my husband don't have a very good relationship either, its always some drama she brings to the table and she dislikes me just becuase i'm the new wife. I don't speak to her at all, i stay very much out of it!

Anyway, my husband wants to send a birthday card to his son but i was wondering since it's been a year and the mother is so bitter should i sign the birthday card also? "Love, Daddy and Amber" ? I am his step mother he knows me and loves me, and i love him. We don't even know if the mother will even give his son our card, but its worth a try anyway.