Do you think President Obama earned the Peace Prize? Can you please explain in layman's terms for me.?

I am not trying to be prejudice. I just wanted to know in layman's terms how he achieved it. Thank you.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No. I am sorry. But he preached to the muslim nations overseas about man having peace and being peaceful nations altogether. :(

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The same way he earned the presidency...he is a media darling. They love him. They handed him the Nobel Peace Prize on a silver platter the exact same way they served up the presidency to him...good press coverage.

• 1 decade ago

You should get a prize for asking this question and I should get one for answering it. It shows our potential to solve the world's problems. And we deserve on the same basis that President Obama received his award.

It more or less makes a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize.

So when do we get ours for literature?

• 1 decade ago

Everyone starts comparing his winning to Ghandi and MLK and Jimmy Carter..they say he did nothing..no hunger strike, no marches for civil justice...The one thing PPl are over looking is, he is the most powerful leader on the earth and he has extended his hand to Americas number one enemy Iran in attempts to improve relations of which would effect the world..For 30 years America ignored Iran as if they would go away. So the NPC chose him cause hes motivated by peace even though he has the power to wipe out Iran..and any other country thats not on plan with America. This was the total opposite of the Bush administration..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He didn't earn it...it is akin to saying "Barak Obama won the Heisman trophy after watching a college football game".

He did nothing of significance to become President and the same holds true here.

I believe that it was given to him in an attempt to influence his future policies.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Like the White House Spokesmen said yesterday, Don't judge Obama on his promises, judge him on what he has done and is continuing to do. The Noble Prize Committee did the opposite.

Source(s): Isn't his promises is what got him elected?
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He received the peace prize for one reason: Hating America.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In the first two weeks in office he spoke peacefully. Since the nominations were based on that time, they didnt have a chance to evaluate all the great achievements he has made since then, which are...... ??????

• Ken
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

President Obama displayed international leadership by ending the high-handed approach of unilateralism by President Bush’s administration. He presented his vision of the world becoming a more peaceful, less belligerent place, not just among the powerful but for the whole planet. He stood up like a man and said that no country should close its mind to the possibility of diplomatic solutions to the world’s problems. He has captured the attention of the world and he is the first world leader to do that credibly in a very long time.

It’s amazing to me that the international community sees President Obama as a stronger leader and more significant presence than many Americans.

And by the way, the Nobel Selection Committee is a serious group of well-informed people who understand the international dynamic better than most.

President Obama deserved the award.

• 1 decade ago

Here is a pretty good video that explains it very well in layman's terms.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/onecity/2009/10/obama-no...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.