Sev asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Is a man of 5 foot 9 inch considered short, tall or average?

Is a man of 5 foot 9 inch (175 cm) considered short, tall or average in your country?

Update:

Knowing if u r considered tall or short in different countries is like knowing how much u weigh on different planets. No answer makes me happy or sad. I' just interested to compare my height to people living in other countries.

Thank you all, for the answers

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I would say average. here is what i found when I googled(US male average height)

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average height for an adult male in the United States is:

69.2 inches, or

5 feet 9.2 inches

Source(s): about.com
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is a man of 5 foot 9 inch considered short, tall or average?

Is a man of 5 foot 9 inch (175 cm) considered short, tall or average in your country?

Source(s): man 5 foot 9 considered short tall average: https://shortly.im/c0kZS
  • tavraj
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

5 Foot 9

• 4 years ago

5 foot 9 is actually tall for a male. average height of a male is 5 foot 7

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

5 Feet 9

• Ruth
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well woman are generally shorter than men so it's tall in comparison to women. I know guys that go from 5 ft 3 up to 6 ft 9. Most guys i know are around 5 ft10. You get the ones that are around 6 ft1. Then the odd ones that are like 5ft7 and odd ones that are like 6 ft5

• 5 years ago

Its k to be 5 foot 9.Its average compared to the States and short compared to Germany or Norway.

• 1 decade ago

In England the average male height is around 5'9 -5'10 so you're pretty average. You'd have to be about 5'7 or less to be seriously considered "short". I'm 6' exactly but am taller than most of my friends.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im not sure if this is going to make u feel better but im 14 and 6 ft 1 (186 cm around) and im from australia and generally wherever i walk around with adults around im the tallest so dont feel short or maybe u would i dont know Lol

• 1 decade ago

average, for sure....6 foot is considered tall!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.