how low is dangerously low blood pressure.?

how low does my blood pressure have to be to stop my heart from beating. how to increase it quickly

Favorite Answer

50/33 is considered dangerously low blood pressure, but you can pass out before then. Mine used to constantly hover around 80/56, I only fully passed out a few times, but I've brought it up through better eating habits, but this has taken years. I know someone in the hospital for many problems at the moment and their blood pressure kept getting VERY dangerously low and they administered some IV thing to raise it (sorry I don't know the exact substance.) I know stimulants quickly raise BP but I would never recommend using them (including caffeine pills) without consulting a doctor first/getting appropriate medical treatment since this could be very dangerous and potentially lethal.

My advice to you is to go to a store in the vitamin section and buy some Iron pills. They should not be more than about 5 dollars. Take one a day. Next, I would tell you to rest when you are feeling faint. Hot showers will only make you feel more faint. Move slowly when going from lying down to standing up to avoid feeling dizzy. Drink plenty of fluids (water, gatorade, or other non-caffiene drinks) to increase blood volume (it's a fancy term, but just trust me).

"When the blood pressure levels are too low, you have insufficient flow of blood to the brain, heart, and other important body organs. Normal blood pressure measurements are 90/60 mm Hg to 130/80 mm Hg. Sometimes a minute change like 20 mm Hg, can cause low blood pressure symptoms for some people.

Some common causes that lower your blood pressure are dehydration, bradycardia, tachycardia or low intake of salt. Low blood pressure caused by dehydration can be treated with fluids or electrolytes. Oral fluids and electrolytes can be taken for mild dehydration case.

You may change your blood pressure medications after consulting your doctor if they are causing low blood pressure symptoms. Bradycardia means low blood pressure due to wrong medication. Change your medications in that case but always consult your doctor first before making any changes for controlling blood pressure.

Now the question is how to raise blood pressure that has gone too low. You may go for herbal as well as homeopathic medicines to raise your blood pressure to normal. Increase your intake of salt and sodium as it will also help you raise your blood pressure."

Dangerous Low Blood Pressure Levels

1

I am hypertensive at an average of 110/140.

As i understand, you should not go below 70

Source(s): personal point of view.
  • kim

well, if you are having trouble standing up, getting dizzy==then ur b/p is probobly low ( as seen in seniors)

See your doctor or try webmd for good medical information