Is it hard to learn how to use a clutch/shift gears on a motorcycle?

im getting a super pocket bike and i want manual but idk how to shift. is it hard to learn?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Squeeze in the clutch on your left, Shift down with your foot on the left had side to get into 1st, lightly let off the clutch and lift your feet up and now your rolling, squeeze in the clutch and lift that same gear shifter on your left up one time and now your in second and let out your clutch gently and keep repeating the same until you have reached your top gear. Remember your brakes on your right and you gears is on your left. or do like I did and go to youtube.com and type in learn how to ride a motorcycle. its actually very informational. Hope that help.

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

if you know how to drive a standard transmission car, then learning to shift on a motorcycle is no problem at all. If not, if you have never used a clutch before, then doing it for the first time on a bike is just a bad choice. Really.

• mike i
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yeah, i was worried when i learned too.

Once you sit on the bike and go over the controls a dozen times in your head....it's a piece of cake.

You just squeeze the clutch handle lever, cock the end of your foot/toe under the shifter and pop Up, then Un-squeeze the clutch lever, then give it some gas with the other hand!

• Jon P
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It can be as simple as dribbling a basketball but some people have difficulty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

VERRRRRRRY EASSSSY!!!! just looks complicated, anyone can do it. dont be scared of the bike and think, you are in control, dont let the bike controll you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.