are you gonna check out the RZA's new?

"tao of Wu" book coming out the fifteenth??

could be interesting.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/07/...

wait...........I like samurai's. I'm offended. lol

no, samurai's are Japanese. I think. lol

Uh..Japanese I think, honestly I'm not real sure. that's sort of a guess, there may be some chinese stuff in there. IDK

Favorite Answer

"By utilizing Hip-Hop lyrics, autobiographical anecdotes, and parables, the RZA explains how he was simultaneously inspired by Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Bruce Lee, and Islam."

When did Bruce Lee replace Judaism as one of the 5 major religions? I'll still check it out.

• The Wu Tang stuff is from Chinese culture and Taoism is Chinese but samurais are Japanese.

Just to clear that up. lol

I'm interested in having a look at it. There's no denying that the way RZA's done things have worked for him. At the same time, I do read a lot of Taoist texts and I can see this coming off as a bit of a joke at RZA's expense, depending on how he presents himself with it.

Should be worth the read though - but I'll wait for the paperback.

Probably not. These fools are gonna be like 60 years old still imitating an era in Japanese culture that Japanese people don't even like anymore.

Edit: I think I made a mistake. Isn't it Chinese culture? Oh well...you get the point

Edit: I know samurais are Japanese. I'm asking is Wu Tang based off of Japanese or Chinese culture? Or a combination of both?

• leVel8

Yea, i'll probably check it out, if they have it at Barnes/Noble, or at Hastings... I think Rza is one of the better off members of the Wu so he's not just doing it for the money, it might actually have some good substance.

I was watching a Bruce Lee documentary once and Rza came out, i couldn't understand a word he said, cuz of his nasthhhty listhhp, so the book would be dope.

No. People should stick to their strong points and not make fools of themselves.