DAR
DAR asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Lindsay Graham right that Ron Paul is 'hijacking' the Republican party, that he, Lindsay is true Republican?

And is it mean to treat Lindsay Graham like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAEW2BjKfgU

Youtube thumbnail

And I'm wondering.... if this was a Lindsay Graham town hall, where were his supporters?

Does he have any?

(By the way, I do think parts were a bit rude, but LG doesn't exactly come off well, either.)

vesaversa - he's a whore, if that is what you mean, but the issue isn't whether he is Bobsey Twins with McCain, we know that, it is whether he represents Republicans.

Karusican, it isn't 'loony', you may disagree with it, but now you are the one being rude.

Also, Karusuchan, Ron Paul is a noninterventionist, not an isolationist. A bully government that bribes peoples and pushes them around to live the way the bully wants isn't better than the person who is friendly and interacts but gives no bribes or threats. The first is dysfunctional.

karusuchan, you are entitled to your opinion. It wasn't me who thumbed you down.

spike, you might want to look into him. Even those who don't like him agree he is honest and principled. The novelty on that alone should make you check him out.

Favorite Answer

Graham is just another acquisition of aipac and the war lobby. He has no problem killing innocent brownish people for his own gain. He, like most of congress, is a disgrace. If Ron Paul has 'hijacked the Republican party' it's because it needed it. Graham will also do all he can to censor the internet in an effort to prop up the lying MSM and keep us as ill informed as possible. Graham would serve his country well to resign immediately. Sorry if I sugar coated this, next time I'll tell you how I really feel.

I think there's room for the Lindsay Grahams and the Ron Pauls in the Republican Party, but I think that Paul represents traditional Republican values to a greater degree than Graham. So to answer your question directly, no, Dr. Paul is not hijacking the Republican Party.

I welcome the Neocons (hopefully you understand what a Neocon is) even though their ideas are a bit different than mine. I think it's wrong to say the Neocons have hijacked the Republican party, but it's true that they hijacked the White House over the last 8 years. The premier think tank for Neoconservatisim, The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was established in 1997. Their first order of business was a letter to President Clinton in January, 1998 imploring him to invade Iraq. Charter members included many of those nearest President Bush:

Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, B. Kristol, Abrams, etc... Even GWB's brother, Jeb, was a member of PNAC.

You can always correctly identify a Neocon by the fact that they are more inclined to support an interventionist foreign policy and by the fact that they are less concerned by the expansion of the federal government.

I have always believed that the Republican Party should be the party of inclusion. Having a broad base of ideas to choose from is healthier for the country overall. It's the bottlenecks that need to be avoided. In this regard, the Republican Party is no different than the gene pool.

It doesn't matter if a Democrat or a Republican was in Presidency during 9/11, we was going to War no matter what. But what angers America the most is the war we went to was fake, we didn't even get the guys we were suppose to go after. My concern is Obama wants to go to Afganistan, but yet there is nothing about troops being removed from Iraq. Yes they have "plans" to do it, but it isn't being done. So if its not done, he is only doubling the war, which is doubling the cost. Thus, making him no better if not worse than Bush. My question is, are the guys we REALLY need to get in Afganistan? Is that a real war or a fake one? I don't want to wait 8 years and be told its fake all over again.

• Dok

I think its the other way around. More Republicans used to be like Ron Paul than Lindsey Graham. The neocons hijacked the party from the principled conservatives. However, Ron Paul isn't a true libertarian. He's just the closest thing to one in the GOP.

THis is a democracy, and the members make what they want the Republican parties to be. THe people who really Hijacked the Republican party, are the Senators and many of the Republican Leadership who voted for the bailout. The majority of Congress voted against it, and the majority of the members don't want it, but the leaders went on a embarassing rant on "Why the congress tried to stop the bailout"

No. The Republican party is driving their supporters away with their stand on issues.

I left the Republican party 9 years ago in disgust at what they have become.

They should blame themselves, Ron Paul is not hijacking the party.

Good thing I don't give a rats patooty about what Lindsay Graham says. Ron Paul is standing up for the people and not his own self interests, as it should be.

Angry Americans

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Angry-Americans.asp...

This isn't the first time Lindsay has been heckled and then lashed out at Ron Paul fans. He deserves every second of it and makes himself look like a fool telling people if they don't like his way to leave the party. He seemed like a desperate man in that clip.

• Kevin

Lindsey Graham is quickly turning into a sell out

we need more republicans like Ron Paul who will

stand up for conservative principals

Are you talking about the same Lindsay" Grahamnisty" that wants to tear down the border with Mexico ? The one who routinely sells out to the "Dictocratic" Party ? The same B****** who thought that he could "buy" hard core leftists' votes by spending Tax Payers Money as fast as the proverbial "Drunken Sailor" ? Well, if he (Grahamnisty) is the true Republican, then I am glad to say "To Flipping H*** with the sorry sacks of Sheep Sh*** "