Maia Bo asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

I'm not yet registered for the election and I don't have any plan to vote. Anything you want to say?

I have some nonsense and not-so-nonsense reasons for it.

Here's my list(but I did not classify them into non-sense and no-nonsense)

1. There are registration booth here in my school but I can't find time to go there coz I always forget to do it.

2. I want to vote but only because it would be the very first automated election in Philippine history and I want to be there.

3. I can foresee that the upcoming election will be chaotic including those losers who would be protesting that they were cheated just because they can't accept the truth. I just don't want to be annoyed by thinking that my vote is just wasted.

4. I still can't find the right person to vote. I was turned off by some politicians because of their early campaigning...I mean, it shows their being so advantageous.

5. I want to help in having a cleaner election. I'm always a COMELEC volunteer on my university's SSG election. I used to be a "Boto Mo, Ipatrol Mo" volunteer last 2007 election but I don't want to be used by that TV network's image beautifying activity.

6. I think that not voting during elections is a waste of vote. It's a form of voting for me. I think it's far better than voting for the wrong person.

I still got lots to say but I can't enumerate them all now. I mean don't think that my judgment's limited to those things that I had written.

Can you at least enlighten me.

Favorite Answer

Better register just to avoid any confusion, trouble, obtraction, etc. the future.

Believe me you will need some papers in the future and a voter's certificate(i dont how they call it) will be handy to have

are those your reasons?

1. your school is an idiot for making a national responsibility too convenient. a registration booth in school? the act of you forgetting is actually your school's fault for thinking they're doing a favor when in fact they're just breeding you to be lazy.

2. great. for what it's worth to you, you have 16 days to go.

3. if that's the case, you're just like those people who complain how hard life is but don't pay their taxes. i'm sure you're much better than that.

4. it just means you can't tell the difference between principles and personalities, between ideological platforms and small talk. being turned off by early campaigning is such a cheap excuse not to learn about the candidates.

5. i find it ironic that you want to help having a clean election but not even want to register. i'd rather you not help at all. for you to even think of that is like saying you're better than everyone else.

6. voting is the only proof of living in a free country that matters. it's that simple. people who voted Marcos, Cory, FVR, Erap, GMA... they never knew if they voted in the wrong person to begin with. the same goes for everyone had someone else was elected.

personally, i think the reasons you've mentioned are too juvenile and we don't need to know what other reasons you have. no one really cares if you register or not, it's just that people who don't vote but whine about the government, the system, etc... they're the biggest hypocrites in a free country.

Register anyway, ONLY if you find both the time and the interest. You may find the ID useful someday.

So that come election day, you will have the option to vote if you want to, or stay home if you feel like it. Or spend the day going out with your other non-voting friends.

Otherwise, no one is forcing you to do so. Last I heard, we are still a democracy..

• Tootoy

Your logic is twisted. Not voting is your right, but then you will have no right to complain about the results either, including who won and what new policies the winner intends to achieve.

I wouldn't vote and my Dad was furious about it.

If you don't vote you have no right to complain. Which would make sense I guess. I paid for my right to complain with blood.

What have you done.

Go vote. It's important.

• Dee ®

well, thats your choice and Good luck into your future....

so all you have to do someday is to sit there and Murmuring about your country...

anyway by judging your thoughts it seems to me that you will not going to choose the right candidate.... so my suggestion is...

dont vote but register...

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain when things don't go your way.

Who cares?

KEEP IT UP,DON'T LET A CORRUPT POLITICIAN USE YOU.

IT IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.

It's your choice.