promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Win?

Was that legit? I mean, I could have just told the world that I want to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons and promote global peace, brotherhood and reconciliation. And all I get is "you've got dreams kid"...I want a Nobel Prize to!

Update:

I DJ Better Weddings. "I'm not sure if you've noticed" but I thought this was "Yahoo Answers", not "Yahoo Judge Questions".

Thank you for the one descent answer I have so far.

Update 2:

Thank you 'Justlook...', good answer. But should Nobel Peace Prizes only go to people who have done? Not just said? Hasn't every president carried out that message one way or another?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Obama is not a deserving candidate for peace. Mahatma Gandhi was an epitome of peace and non-violence. Even Obama mentioned his name. But Mahatma Gandhi never got that award. Now the question is what have Obama done that Gandhi didn't.

• Nochip6 years agoReport

The award has been reduced to a cracker jack toy. Obama hates America,Carter did NOTHING, Gore made billions off of his bogus global warming/climate change scheme.....The nobel prize does NOT represent noble, wise leaders who bring peace. How come Ronald Reagan didn't get one?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Yes, they gave the nobel peace prize to Barack Obama. Word has it they are contemplating 3 recipients in line to receive it next. The (noble) Ronald McDonald, Snooky (a leader among desperate housewives),and last but not least (wise beyond her years) Honey boo boo. Though the competition is indeed fierce,Barack is not a tough act to follow.

• 4 years ago

Obama actually won the Nobel Peace Prize for his attempts to create peace in the Middle East, as well as give America hope. Jimmy Carter got the prize for similar reasons, when he initiated a talk between Egypt and Israel. I don't find it odd that you don't know. It simply means you have a life, and do not sit reading news articles all the time, and that you are a busy and active citizen.

• 1 decade ago

Now how are you, an unknown, gonna be able to say that to the World? President Obama is in a position to get a message across to another nations & his mission of diplomacy has gotten him & the United States attention & notice in the World & the Nobel Peace Prize committee felt that this was worthy of the honor of giving him the Nobel Prize. He has brought A Lot of positive attention to the United States & is spreading a message of diplomacy throughout the World. That is why they gave President Obama the Nobel Peace Prize.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im not sure of you noticed,

but that question has been asked a billion times

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.