is this true about ticks?

okay so i went to tijuana, mexico this weekend, i always go, but this time my cousin's dog was sick, he had ticks and they infected his blood so his immune system was low, but they gave him medicine and a shower so he should be fine now, but what caught my attention was that my cousin said that if you kill a tick you need to burn it or drown it, because she said that if you smash it, wherever you smash it, no matter how much you clean, the following year new ticks will be bron in that exact spot...is this true, can that happen?

Favorite Answer

Not sure, I know Paralisation ticks require dog blood antidote, immediately after there removed, because the poision still travels through them even when the ticks are removed.

I believe ticks need some form of blood to live off and breed off. They don't just appear.

No that is not true. How stupid.

Certain tick species mate while the female is actually eating on a host. Other species mate after the female has eaten. She then drops off the host, finds a nice moist spot, and lays eggs. Then she dies. Roughly 2-3 weeks later, the eggs hatch.

If you were to squish a tick, babies would not be born a year later!! The tick could be a male. It could be a female that wasn't pregnant. If she was pregnant, the eggs may not of been ready to be laid. If they were ready, they would be squished with the female. If somehow some eggs survived, more likely then not it would not be a proper enviroment or spot for the eggs to hatch. If by some chance a pregnant female was squished roughly 2 days after mating in a warmer climate and the eggs did survive and hatch, they would do so within 2 weeks, NOT A year.

If you cleaned, you would clean the eggs away. Ticks are ticks, NOT magic!

Source(s): A little common sense would really go a long way in most people

Hi in all my years i have never heard that but one reason to get rid of the tick is because they carry so many bad diseases. And it is best to not get the blood on your hands in case you would have a cut.

not true, what does tijuana have anything to do with anything?

ROTFLMFAO.............utter bullshi*!