What if I'm wrong? What if you're wrong?

I'm referring, of course, to the idea that the universe was created by a rabid leprechaun-zombie who tortures anyone who doesn't give CAustin II $1,000 at some point in their lives. If I'm wrong, I'm just out $1,000 (and actually, I'm a special case - if I'm wrong, I'm just out... show more I'm referring, of course, to the idea that the universe was created by a rabid leprechaun-zombie who tortures anyone who doesn't give CAustin II $1,000 at some point in their lives.

If I'm wrong, I'm just out $1,000 (and actually, I'm a special case - if I'm wrong, I'm just out postage and a check from sending myself one grand).

But if you're wrong, you're burning forever. Isn't it best to play it safe, just in case?
Update: Bonus question: you are allowed to purchase exactly two items from a grocery store. Which combination will freak out the checkout clerk the most?