MRMR asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Is Peyton Manning the greatest QB ever?

He is the most prolific passer in NFL history. After 12 years in the NFL he is on pace (he owns records already) to own every NFL QB career record by the time he is retired. People will say he doesn't have enough rings. The best team usually earn the rings and the best players earn the MVP award. MVP award is the hardest achievement considering there are 32 teams trying to win a championship and 1700 players trying to win the MVP award. Brett Favre and Peyton Manning are over the only players in history to have won 3 MVP's. Peyton is still in his prime and could win lots more. He has changed the QB position. Only QB I know of that calls his own plays, basically making him offinsive cooridinator and QB. Is he the best QB ever?

Favorite Answer

Sorry, but I'll stick with Johnny Unitas.

• Donna

No way even close at this point. Peyton has the reputation of being a "choker". This may not be totally deserved, but right now he has not performed well in post-season. Peyton is not even close to being the QB John Elway was for example. Here was a man who played his best in the clutch, instead of finding ways to lose and then blaming your O-Line for the loss. Peyton is an excellent thrower who is very immobile. You can't argue with his stats, and he is no doubt one of the best playing right now. But who would you like running your team if you are 14 points behind the the fourth quarter, Peyton or Tom Brady?

• ?

No-one is greatest ever, claiming as "greatest ever" is exaggerated, overly hype. The question should be "is PM an excellent QB?" Yes, he is for now. Moving along with timeline, 10 or 20 or 50 years from now, those grandson/grand-grandson generation, they wouldn't care who Peyton M was, what actually remind them the past? The answer is the championship, meaning the more SB blings the QB has, the higher chance they got reminded or mentioned in next, next generation. Even now, Dan Marino rarely got mentioned.

• Rob K

On pure talent; it's hard to argue for someone else, that when it's all said and done that Peyton Manning won't be considered the "most talented" Quarterback ever.

But; it's whether you believe that "most talented" translates into "greatest." That's something I don't believe. I do however believe, Peyton Manning will at the very least go down in the Top 3 of All-Time.

No not yet.He needs to win more superbowls. I'm beginning think he's better than Tom Brady though by the way he's been playing and I;m a Pats fan.

I don't think you can say the best ever just yet, but he is amazing!!! He has also had very talented receivers to throw the ball to, which definitely helps! I also don't think he deserved MVP last year.

Yes, hes the most talented qb to ever play.

• manning is good, but im sticking with dan marino even though he never won a super bowl

You should look at other QB's that are in the hall of fame,

Source(s): Play football, watch football for years, etc.

No, He only has one ring.