Which of the sweep winning teams was most impressive?

1. Dodgers - They beat two Cy Young candidates in Chris Carpenter and Adam Wainwright back to back. Ralied in game 2 with 2 outs to score 2 runs for the win. They also kept Albert Pujols in check.

2. Angels - They outscored the Red Sox 9-1 in the first two games.

They rallied in game 3 with two outs to score 3 runs against one of MLB's best closers ( Paplebon ) to get the win.

3. New York Yankees - They went 10-0 vs. the Twins overall. Trailed in all three games and rallied to win all 3 including a walk-off in a controversial game 2 . Made some key defensive palys that prevented runs.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Dodgers. They swept the team with the best hitter in the majors and the best 1-2 pitching combo in the majors. I actually picked the Cardinals to go to the World Series, but obviously I thought wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

The Angels really brought it to the Red Sox, and you can say the same for the Yankees and Dodgers. I actually had picked the Angels, Dodgers and Yankees to advance. But the Angels sweeping the Red Sox was unexpected, and the way they ended it. That was the best. I was not surprised by the Yankees or Dodgers, though I didn't see a sweep coming with either series. The Angels buried some Red Sox demons this year.

Source(s): some dude
  • 1 decade ago

I have to say Dodgers. They beat the best of the 3 losing teams (Cards).

Twins? Really don't even bleong in the playoffs. AL Central is weak. Winning that is no big deal.

Red Sox? really not what thye used to be. Manny gone, papi off the roids. Papelbomb peaked and is on down side as a closer. all the starters seemed to have physical ailments of some sort. Tek finished.

wow that is a long list.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As a yankees fan i want to say the yankees but that wouldn't be right i'm gonna have to go with the angels, most people didn't think they would beat the red sox and i definitely didn't see a sweep coming

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gotta go with the dodgers because all the so called experts had them losing all the way and they ended up being wrong

• 1 decade ago

Dodgers was the most shocking....

Angels was the most impresive (dominance)...

Yankees pretty much did what was expected (Tex's walk off was a bonus though)...

• 1 decade ago

Angels

Dodgers

Yankees

• 1 decade ago

the angels

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.