Greatest American in U.S. History and why?

A. George Washington

B. Martin Luther King Jr

C. Ronald Reagan

D. Abraham Lincoln

E. JFK

F. Thomas Jefferson

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They all are great but i have to choose two. Gerorge Washinton and Martin Luther King Jr. Yet Aberham Lincoln was great too. those 3

• Login to reply the answers
  • From that list, it would have to be Lincoln. He saved the union. Without his leadership, the nation would not exist today. Washington and Jefferson were among several who helped create the nation. While it is true that without any one of the Founding Fathers, the nation might not exist, it is hard to rate any one of them as greater or more important than any other. JFK really didn't accomplish enough to be considered. Dr. King was a great and important man, but once again, he didn't do it alone. Reagan shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

• 1 decade ago

D. Abraham Lincoln. Freed the slaves

• 1 decade ago

I think all of them were great but I have to go with Martin Luther King Jr. first because he believed in equality, and equal rights for all he preached about peace and lived in a peaceful way he didnt believe in violence yet was taken at a early tender age of 39 by violence for standing up for what he believed in. But all on the list are great and are considered heroes also

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A. great president and general, but not the best

B. good ideas and ambition but still not the best

C. One of the founding fathers as to why our government is so screwed up now, def not the best

D.saved the union, ended slavery, wore a huge hat, not the best

E.Beginning of why the country is so messed up, not the best

F. my personal opinion the best, he had great ideas and made great examples of how our country is supposed to work.

The best person in majority i believe is bush for bending the constitution over back words and @%$ing the American people in the butt, high five bush. open your eyes up people

• 1 decade ago

From the list I will have to Pick Lincon. He successfully led his country through its greatest internal crisis, the American Civil War, preserving the Union and ending slavery.

• 1 decade ago

Henry David Thoreau, because his ideas formed the basis of modern Civil Disobedience and environmental movements.

He was opposed to war, violence in general, slavery, and corporal and capital punishment.

His writings inspired people such as MLK and Gandhi.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think MJK jr. is the most important because if he didnt fight for black rights then blacks most likely wouldnt have any rights now either and can u imagine how bad it would be if that was still going on. It would be like hell with noone getting along and fighting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

US Soldiers. They devote their lives to defending our country and freedom, they protect what we hold most dear, and a great percent of them are fantastic people.

• 1 decade ago

None of these.Douglas McCarther

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.