Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Templates for Actors in Word 2007?

I need templates for an acting/performer resume but I need to know which one is best. PLease give me directions of how to get to it. You know, a section for Theatre, Film, and Training. 10 points for best suggestion.

DO NOT SUGGEST URLS OF SAMPLES. I KNOW THE LAYOUT OF A RESUME BUT I NEED A TEMPLATE.

Favorite Answer

You don't need a template.

Just have a 3 column format. I create the 3 columns by putting tables in the word document.

Also make sure that it's in an 8x10 format for when you cut it to fit the back of the headshot, none of it will get cut off.

Here's a basic example to help you better organize your resume:

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww80/ELDORADO59...

RESUME-ALWAYS use the 3 column format!

Here's the standard LA format. In NY, it's usually the same but with Theatre being higher up than Film/TV (/ denotes column breaks):

At the top and centered:

Name (Centered and is largest in font size)

Union affiliation (if any)

CELL Phone Number

Email

Far Left side below the top and centered stuff:

Height

Weight

Hair color

Eye color

Right side opposite of statistics:

Agent logo with contact info (sometimes if you have an agent, you can remove your own cell phone and email address. Then weirdos that find your stuff in the dumpster can contact them instead of you)

Film

Title/(Lead, supporting)/Director

Television

Title/(Lead, guest star, co-star, regular, Under 5, recurring)/Network

Theatre

Title/Specific character played/Production company or director depending on who is more prestigious.

Commericials

ALWAYS put "List available upon request!" Do keep a separate list of the commercials with the Casting directors involved in case an agent asks.

Training

Skill learned/School or teacher/Location (LA, NY?)

OR

Skill learned/Teacher/School, Location

ie. Cold Reading/Margie Haber/Margie Haber Studios, LA,CA

Special Skills/Abilities

Be creative with this. When I was starting out and interviewing with agencies, they would usually go straight there and talk about my special talents and even had me demonstrate some of them

DON'T:

-Put extra work

-Put Modeling/Print gigs. You make a separate resume for that.

-Lie

-Put age. If an agent asks you when you meet with him or her, then tell the truth. It's for legal reasons. ie. Under 18 can't work normal hours and need parent/guardian to sign stuff or you have to be at least 25 to do a beer commercial.

-Put your home phone number or address unless you want weirdos coming to your house.

-Put dates. It ages you!

-Have it separate from your headshot. It should be cut to fit and stapled to the back of your headshot.

If you don't have many credits, show that you're serious by having training from the best and a lot of unique special skills/abilities that you can actually do.

• Sydney4 years agoReport

Wait, so I m trying to write my resume right now, but I have not been in any films or shows yet, what do I do then?

• lareau

1

To access Templates in Microsoft Word 2007 click on the following: 1. Computer--C Drive 2. Program Files (x86) (make certain you click on the one saying (x86). 3. Microsoft Office 4. Templates This template will allow you to open up old MS Word files once you've pasted them in the Templates. Consider creating a short cut of the Template file for quicker access.