How do I pronounce these words? They're in Greek.?
If you can give me word comparisons for parts or spelling it your own way, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks. =]
1) You are very handsome - Ise poli omorfos
2) You are very sweet - Ise poli glikos
3) Your eyes are very beautiful - Ta matia su einai poli omorfa
4) What a wonderful smile - Ti omorfo xamogelo
5) My love - Agapi mu
- morFingLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
This is a plain transliteration. In most cases you can just pronounce 'a' as in 'that', 'e' as in 'get', 'o' as in 'lot' and 'i' as in 'kit'.
Ok, I'll try explaining further (the caps are stressed):
1) Ise poli omorfos - EE-seh poh-LEE Oh-mor-fos
2) Ise poli glikos - EE-seh poh-LEE glee-KOS ('g' is soft, like 'w' in word)
3) Ta matia su einai poli omorfa - tah MUH-t-heeah soo EE-neh poh-LEE OH-mor-fuh
4) Ti omorfo xamogelo - TEE OH-morf-fo ha-MOH-ye-loh
5) Agapi mu - uh-GHAH-pee moo
hmm.. In order to enlighten you more, I'll do it my own way. Let's listen to some music!
-Listening to the song "agapi mu" will help you understand the soft 'g'! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LDVIELlxg
-Another song containing 'agapi' and 'gliko' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mptOZ0bRY
-A song containing 'ise omorfi' (female form of 'ise omorfos') at 00:53. Just ignore the double 'o' in the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqhbA50Z_Xo
-This songs repeats 'omorfi' more times at 00:32 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvcGicY6YU
-Having a hard time pronouncing 'matia' and 'omorfa' ? Listen to this song starting with 'ta omorfa (00:21) ta galana sou matia (00:25)'! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnsRCpmsGu0
-I found a whole phrase with 'ta matia su' at 01:15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjozIT8dsUo
-A fun song with a nice pronunciation of 'xamogelo' at 01:22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_DvZ8p6rsc
(just ignore the double 'o's Ok? it's a song.
Enjoy!Source(s): I'm Greek and I like having fun while learning.