Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Which is not a law enforcement agency within the Department of the treasury?

A) Financial Crimes Enforcement Network

B) Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco, and Firearms

C) U.S. Mint Police

D) U.S. Secret Service

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I will have to contradict the previous answer:

A: Financial Crimes Enforcement Network belong to The Department of The Treasury and sole purpose is to collect and analyze information about financial transactions in order to combat money laundering, terrorist financiers, and other financial crimes.

B: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) fell under the Department of Treasury and the Department of Justice until the wake of the 9/11 attacks. ATF was then repositioned under the Department of Homeland Security

C: United States Mint Police is actually one of the oldest federal law enforcement agencies. established in 1792 they are a division of the Department of the United States Treasury.

D: U.S. Secret Service is an agency that we all know protect certain members of the United States Presidential Cabinet along with dignitaries who visit the US, previous Presidents, and possible presidents.

What a lot of people do not know is the Secret Service's other job is Treasury roles, covering missions such as prevention and investigation of counterfeiting of U.S. currency and U.S. treasury bonds notes and investigation of major fraud. UNited States Secret Service belong to the Department of Homeland Security.

So to answer your question the answer would be B and D.

Source(s): US Mint, US Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Justice, US Secret Service, AFT website, wikipedia, personal knowledge. Federal Law USC
  • 1 decade ago

I presume we are talking currently about the US Deaprtment of the Treasury, I ask becasue the Department of the Treasury is in many countries.

On 1March 2003, The ATF was brought under the Department of the Treasury. The on the 14th of March 2003, the Secret Service was transfered to Homeland Security.

(D)

Source(s): wikipedia US Dept of Treasury
  • 1 decade ago

b

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.