Dodge 1500 oil leak,Inside cab.?

I have a dodge truck.It is a 2001 single cab.Since I have started using the heater in it I have had oil leak on the inside of the truck leaking down on the floor from the firewall under the center cup holder.I am not sure what it is coming from.I do smell something burning for a few minuets when i turn the heat on.I just tough it smelled like that because i have not ran the heater since last winter.

Favorite Answer

Are you sure its oil and not coolant? Sounds like a bad heater core to me. Oil should not be in the cab, there are no oil lines or anything near or in the cab. Get your hands on a cooling system pressure tester and pressurize the system to the # on the rad cap. This will tell you if you have acoolant leak.

Source(s): mechanic

I"ve never heard of this problem sound like it could be serious. have someone check it out. good luck.