amanda asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

is it bad for my dog to attack mice? i dont really want him to eat it or anything?

we have mice in the house and my dog is on his leash cause i dont want him to eat the mice. is it bad for him or anything?

• di
    Favorite Answer

People and dogs can get sick from deer mice. I had a dog who killed mice all of the time and never got sick from it. I wouldn't keep your dog tied up. Call your vet and ask this question.

Funny you should ask this. I just saw my second apartment mouse in 3 weeks skitter across my floor within the past 5 minutes. My Husky mix has a high prey drive and would get at it if he could.

But I would not advise letting him get the mice in your house because they carry disease. Put down traps instead (but be sure your dog isn't more interested in them than the mice).

Well, dogs are natural predators, so he might end up going after the mice. My dogs are outdoor dogs, but they have caught mice and eaten them that happened to unluckily wander into their pens, among other unfortunate critters. You probably don't want him eating them though because of the risk of disease. Call pest control? Good luck!

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW. My dog eats flies, but eating mice is just wrong. It is bad if the mice had diseses and still if it didnt have a disese its still bad.