Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of this quote by C.S. Lewis?

"Jesus Christ did not say,' Go into the world and tell the world it is quite right'."

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't exactly understand what he meant by that but this is my take on it: He meant don't tell the world it is okay the way it is. Jesus said to be light and salt. Be a real disciple of Christ and follow his commandments.

Source(s): my take on it
  • 1 decade ago

C. S. Lewis is correct. If the world was right, then there would not have been a need for Jesus to sacrifice Himself to save the world from its sins.

• 1 decade ago

The world has always thought that it needed an institutional organized church setting, complete with buildings, titles of position, and a brand name to approach God. (yes, Christianity included.)

In this quote from Lewis he is saying... God is spirit and those who worship "Him" must worship Him in spirit and in truth.... and that Jesus is trying to get that point across....

So don't go into the world and tell the world that it's practice of trying to claim a relationship with God by the guise of organized, institutional religion is quite right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

C.S. Lewis is correct Jesus did not say it.

He said He came for those who were sick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He was saying that what we as Christians have to tell the world may not be soothing or comfortable for others to hear.

• 1 decade ago

That doesn't mean Jesus said to go into the world and tell the world it is quite wrong.

Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkein thought Lewis' writing was cr@p?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just love it when christians use a man famous for inventing fairy tales to try and support their own one!!!

• 1 decade ago

It mean that Christian should be able to help others hold themselves accountable for making ethical choices

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No....but Mellow Yellow did.....

They call me Mellow Yellow, quite right slick!

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Means Jesus didn't want Christians to evangelize! So stop it!

Source(s): WWHMJD? HE WOULD ROCK!!! Thou shalt turn thy music UP!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.