Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of this quote by C.S. Lewis?

"Jesus Christ did not say,' Go into the world and tell the world it is quite right'."

Favorite Answer

I don't exactly understand what he meant by that but this is my take on it: He meant don't tell the world it is okay the way it is. Jesus said to be light and salt. Be a real disciple of Christ and follow his commandments.

Source(s): my take on it

C. S. Lewis is correct. If the world was right, then there would not have been a need for Jesus to sacrifice Himself to save the world from its sins.

The world has always thought that it needed an institutional organized church setting, complete with buildings, titles of position, and a brand name to approach God. (yes, Christianity included.)

In this quote from Lewis he is saying... God is spirit and those who worship "Him" must worship Him in spirit and in truth.... and that Jesus is trying to get that point across....

So don't go into the world and tell the world that it's practice of trying to claim a relationship with God by the guise of organized, institutional religion is quite right.

C.S. Lewis is correct Jesus did not say it.

He said He came for those who were sick.

He was saying that what we as Christians have to tell the world may not be soothing or comfortable for others to hear.

That doesn't mean Jesus said to go into the world and tell the world it is quite wrong.

Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkein thought Lewis' writing was cr@p?

I just love it when christians use a man famous for inventing fairy tales to try and support their own one!!!

It mean that Christian should be able to help others hold themselves accountable for making ethical choices

No....but Mellow Yellow did.....

They call me Mellow Yellow, quite right slick!

Source(s): Atheist.

Means Jesus didn't want Christians to evangelize! So stop it!

Source(s): WWHMJD? HE WOULD ROCK!!! Thou shalt turn thy music UP!