clueless on breast pump! help!?

I have to say sorry...I'm clueless! I'm going to be a new mom soon and plan to pump when I have to return to work (part-time). I had registered for a playtex breast pump and the playtex drop-in bottles with liners. I now know I will have a medela pump, but can I still use the playtex drop-ins with it?? I really wanted to use them because of the liners and know a few were bought off my registry already. Will I have to pump into bottles that come with medela pump and transfer into storage bags for freezer. Then, for feeding take out of freezer & put in playtex bottle with liner? I'm not sure if I need to take the playtex stuff off my registry or not. Help!

Also, do you need to by a bottle sterilizer? wash by hand? dishwasher? What is best?!?

Favorite Answer

Get the playtex Breast Milk Storage Kit. It comes with an adapter to attach to the breast pump ( I have a Medela pump and it works with it) so you can pump right into the playtex bottles or just into the liners to freeze. It comes with 6 sealing disks to freeze the milk in the liners, but I usually take the liner out of the sealing disk once its frozen and put it into a ziploc bag. Then once I need to unthaw it I put the liner back into a sealing disk or into a bottle.

I wouldn't bother with a bottle sterilizer. Just sterilize all the bottles in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes before you use them then after that they are fine to be washed in a dishwasher.

My favorite pump is made by Hygeia www.hygeiababy.com...but you must use whatever pump you buy with a hands free pumping bra. You will love this thing...it allows you to pump completely hands free, and trust me, as a new mom, you will be thankful for the help :) Mine is the bustier from Easy Expression www.easyexpression.com. I am the mother of twins and it seriously SAVED MY LIFE!!!

Source(s): www.easyexpression.com www.brilliantbabyproducts.com

You can buy microwave sterilizers that are very easy to use..you can never be too safe