cantoos asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What causes a dog to be sensitive to the touch?

My chihuahua, female, 10 months old, is acting fine... running, jumping eating, stretching, etc - but when I pet her lower back, on her right side she yelps. She does want to be petted everywhere else, and is even jumping on my lap to be petted. She woke up fine, I left the house for 3 hours, she was in her pen with my other chi's like always... and this has been going on since I got home. what could be wrong?

Favorite Answer

Well it sounds like an injury of some sort in the lower area. Chihuahuas have such a delicate bone structure that it is easy enough for them to get hurt. I would try to let her rest for a day and see if she feels better if not give your vet a visit it may be something more serious. She could've gotten hurt playing with your other dog. That happened to my dog I have a chihuahua mix and my other dog unintentionally hurt him when they were playing. The vet checked him out and said it was no big deal, no broken bones and the little guy was back to his old self in no time. Hope this helps. Good luck with your little one.

probably best to ask your vet about this. She is probably hurt in that specific area, which is why she doesn't like you petting her there because it hurts her. Take her to the vet and the vet can help her recover or tell you whats wrong.

It probably hurt itself at that spot. Just like us humans, when we injure ourselves it hurts for a whiles. Take your dog to the vet soon, it probably could of broke a bone or something.

Sounds like some kind of injury and she needs to see a vet.

she might have gotten hurt - maybe pulled a muscle or something when you were gone. i would take her to the vet if i were you.

She might have injured that area. You should call your vet