which lcd monitor will cause less eyestrain, a 17 inch or a 24 inch?

• SeanC
    Favorite Answer

I'd say it would depend on the make, I find my ACER monitor is 'easier' on the eyes then my dell monitor (both the same size... 22")

But if I had to choose I would just go with the 24", your not going to regret the screen realestate and most companys like staples, futureshop and bestbuy have a 'return' policy for X amount of days (usually 30).... you could also head to one of the places I mentioned above and 'try' out the monitors for youself, just stand infront of it for a few min....

All things being equal, the larger monitor should cause less eyestrain, if you can adjust the monitor to show system characters to be larger. (The system characters are set as a certain number of pixels, at higher resolution the system characters can appear smaller) Most large monitors come with certain utilities that will keep the system characters at a reasonable size.

There are other things to consider than just size, when you are considering the purchase of a monitor. Brightness, sharpness, contrast and the general quality of the monitor have a lot to do with the appearance of the image.

The amount of adjustability that a given monitor will be another factor in whether or not the end result is that a given monitor will be less of a strain than another. If the light emitted by the monitor cannot be adjusted to match the ambient light of the environment, eyestrain can occur. The more difficult that the adjustment is to make, the more likely that the user will not correct to match changing conditions. A monitor with automatic adjustments is much closer to the ideal of no strain on the eye.

Sometimes the increased size of the monitor can be a problem. If the entire monitor is not in the field of vision of the operator without the movement of the head, strain can be increased on the neck muscles and the resultant strain can feel like eyestrain,

In the light of these factors, as well as others not mentioned, will mean that the monitor must be fitted to the operator, considering the operator's work habits, type of work load, physical size and build, whether the operator will have a single position to work, or with many different locations. If you are really serious in finding the "best" monitor in a particular situation, do a lot of work, checking on whether or not the particulars fit the operator and the work. You cannot judge simply by one factor. A high-quality, perfectly suited to the use to which it will be put, may be a better choice than a larger, lower-quality monitor that would require frequent had and neck movements to scan back and forth to read the whole monitor.

Source(s): Been there, done that.

if u use 17" or 24" it's doesn't matter, it's all deepened upon d distance between u r eye & monitor, also u r setting position, if u r movie watching, graphic, media, art work go 4r 24" wide else 17" flat ok

17" u will get in 6000/- , 24" - 13000/-

so check u r budget, else go 4r 20" it will worth 4r all d purpose - 7000/-

also check who is giving best service after sale go 4r that LCD monitor brand.

24 inch, because all the things get bigger (by adjusting) and you do not need to concentrate.

it is two day that I upgrade from 17 to 22 and I feel very comfortable

go go for 24 inch

For my $$, you are able to not beat the dell ultrasharp sequence. not the analog flat panel, however the ultrasharp. I even have 3 and love them. purely greater efficient reveal screen is the Apple Studio reveal, yet there is not any 17" anymore.