Blood pressure at a young age?

hi, i have just turned 24 and have been dealing with blood pressure problems since i was 18. i have lost approximately 25 pounds to this date. i am also on medication for blood pressure. during the morning on average, my bp ranges between 120/70-130/78 and during the nighttime it sometimes ranges between 130-80 and 125-75. sometimes at night it may hit 135/80 and then 5 minutes later go back around 125/75. is this normal? should i be concerned still about my blood pressure? i am worried that i have not done anything to solve my problem even though i try to control my sodium intake, take bp meds on a daily basis,and also lost the weight and continue to workout intensively 3-4 times a week. will i ever get it down to the normal range and am i doomed to succumb to heart disease at an early age?

Favorite Answer

Your meds are working, your BP is fine. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Back when I was in elementary school I had to go to a specialist because of high blood pressure (years later it was found that I just got very nervous at doctor's offices and I actually have normal blood pressure). Anyways, the doctor had me take a couple tums every day as a calcium supplement. Try adding that to your meds and see what happens. Best of luck.

Just keep up a healthy lifestyle, keep up with your meds, and keep in touch with your doc. I think your blood pressure will go down...it just may take some time. I don't know a whole lot about high blood pressure because I'm 21 and I have abnormally low blood pressure, which causes me a lot of problems. I actually passed out in class the other day. But good luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Your blood pressure is fine. Just don't eat foods that clot your arteries. No smoking and regular exercise.

Source(s): Wife of heart patient.