which one should i learn first, photoshop or dreamweaver?

if i want to get in to website design, which one should i learn first?

or both at the same time?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you want to get into web design you should learn HTML (at least the basics) first. this is so you can understand and edit the code generated by WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) programs like dreamweaver, and make basic websites from text editors.

(takes maybe 2-8 weeks, depending on how much HTML you learn)

second should be the basics of Photoshop, setting transparencies, scaling etc. now you can put images into your website.

(1 week tops)

third or fourth, you should get skilled with dreamweaver, so you can produce fast, professional websites.

(basics in a week, getting good can take much longer)

third or fourth again, CSS. CSS saves a lot of time when making websites, as you can use one line of code to change the format over thousands of pages. CSS also helps for things like positioning images, changing fonts etc.

(2-4 weeks)

if you find that you are liking making websites from pure coding (gives you more control) rather than WYSIWYG programs (much faster) than learn CSS first. if you prefer WYSIWYG programs than learn dreamweaver first. dreamweaver still has CSS functions, but knowing CSS code is helpful.

after this you can go into things like flash (animations, interactivity) Java script (interactivity) and more in depth with photoshop (better quality images) to make your websites more fun (for lack of a better word)

Note: just because I say it only take a few months to learn these things, doesn't mean that you'll be good at website design after that time. The above are only technical abilities, the most important part is the actual design. some people are better than others at this, and you will always be improving if you do get into web design.

Source(s): experience. (4 month course in web design)
  • 1 decade ago

Photoshop, but follow with dreamweaver right behind.

• 1 decade ago

Photoshop because it's a useful skill and you can do some really cool stuff with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.