Why people quoted more from the bible than other religious book?

Favorite Answer

God's Holy Bible is the Holy Word of God.

It is the most widely read book in the history of this world.

So it makes sense that people would quote it.

In fact, I am willing to bet that almost everyone has heard of at least one story or quote from the Holy Bible.

PC answer... Christianity has a great number of adherents throughout the world, and one of the beliefs in the Bible is that people should spread the word of god. They find back up in the Bible, and often quote it to inform, proselytize, preach, convert and brace their own beliefs and opinions.

Non-PC answer... Christians are big mouths who think they're always right, and believe (with even more fervor than they believe in God) that everyone else should think they are right too. They view the Bible as infallible (neglecting it's often inaccurate, contradictory nature and the fact that it is mostly a book borrowed from other older religious sources) and so their strongest points are made simply by quoting one verse or another, and then firmly planting their feet in place while saying

"The Bible says this, so it is true/I am right/you are wrong." as if this is empirical fact, or will settle a thing.

When confronted with any more solid evidence against their beliefs, toward the fallibility of their good book or if they are accidentally drawn into debate with an intelligent person, they will quote the bible and then condescendingly promise "I will pray for you" as if they are on such high spiritual ground that your 'wrongness' is something to be pitied, instead of a simple disagreement with them or their beliefs.

Source(s): **This is in reference to -most- Christians. NOT all. I have seen first hand Christians who are respectful of other peoples' religions, so I know they exist. However it is not to this good minority that I refer above.

I don't understand this question. This is a statement that doesn't require a question mark in this context. If you phrase it as "Why do people quote more from the bible than any other religious book"...that is a a question. Still, it doesn't make any sense without more context. "When dealing with adultry, why do people quote the bible more often than any other religious book" Now, that's a question that has context. And someone could answer it for you. What is it that you are really trying to ask?

Because Christianity is the biggest nation on earth so of course most people on earth are quoted more from the Holy Bible,

if i say why people in middle east are quoted more from Quran than other books the answer will be because the majority in Middle east are Muslims.....

Thank for the Question though

The Bible is God's Word. It is NOT a "religious" book. I wish people would stop saying that! People quote from it because it is Truth.

Because the Bible has divine authority. Other religious books might echo some of the truths found in the Bible but they are all perversions of divine truth where the Deceiver sets a person up by starting off with some Biblical truth and then adds to or diminishes from or distorts the infallible truths found in the Bible.

Deuteronomy 12:32 "Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.

Desperation!!

It is the most misquoted, quoted out of context and twisted to try and prove the quoter's point instead of the truth!!

It is also the most stolen book in the world! What does that say about Christian morals?!!!

• Jenna

Because the Bible is a foundational book. It's the basic text for the Christian religion.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Kill the infidels.

Which quote grabs you?

• Jeff M

Truth, The Bible is the ONLY prophetic book with a 100% track record. It is also your "human" owners manual.