how can i find out if some one in my neighborhood is hacking in to my internet service?

i am not sure...all i know is i keep losing my connection on my laptop and it doesn't matter if i am playing pogo or reading my mail. neighbor said they don't have service and they have 3 kids so this thought has crossed my mind

thanks to both of you but i have no idea what you are talking about. all i know is the simple stuff. so to save the frustration should i take it to best buy where i bought it or call hughesnet my ISP to see if they know if i have a hacker?

Favorite Answer

Login to your router settings and check what devices are connected to it. Read your router's instruction manual for more information on how to do this.

In most (default) cases, you can open your internet browser of choice and enter "192.168.1.1" without the quotes in the URL box, just like you would with a website address. This will take you to your router login screen. You can access your router settings after you log in.

Router default setting are usually:

Username - admin

Password - pass

Hello,

Are they hacking into your ISP or into your LAN?

-Colin