How Much Muscle Can I Add In A Year?

I'm 17 years old, 165lbs, 5' 9" and mostly muscle.. i cant remember my body fat % but my waist is 32". I want to get to about 190 - 200 lbs in muscle before I'm 21.. is this a possible goal to achieve?

Favorite Answer

I think your goal is very realistic. Weight gain is dependent on numerous factors. It depends how good your diet really is. You can obviously eat junk foods all day long and see significant weight gain (mostly fat), or you can focus on high protein and complex carbs and steadily gain in mostly muscle mass with some fat. It also really depends on how long you've been working out. Obviously beginners experience the quickest and biggest growths. Refer to this website for muscle gains per year.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats...

During the first year, with proper exercise and nutrition, you can expect to gain 20-25lbs of muscle. However, note that you'll also be gaining similar numbers (10-15 lbs?) when it comes to fat gain as well because fat gain is involved with having excess calories. Soon, your results will soon taper off, so work hard during your first 2 years.

Also, as a little advice...

if you have a fast metabolism (like me), you should lay off all cardio because it will help you hold onto as many calories as possible and speed up the muscle gain. Good luck.

mmm o yeah. You could look like a body builder but then. But I suggest reading up on fitness and healthy foods/ diets. Good eating habits and working out like 4-6 times a week and you could look like a body builder in 1-2 years.

Source(s): Personal Experience

easy so easy. just keep going to the gym and workout and mix up the workouts everymonth instead of doing bench do fly ect. that is vital and eat alot of food expecially protiens (eggs fish and chicken) spend one day a week on just cardio if you have time do as muchas you can will increase stanima in workouts. dont cheat and use suppplements it makes you feel like **** later maainly because it feelslike you cheated.