How do i tell my soon to be boyfriend that he has horrible breath?

We're not officially dating yet but, he's going to ask me out soon and i know i'm going to say yes but, i can't kiss him after smelling his breath. Its horrible. I really, really like him and i don't want to hurt his feelings. I need to tell him because, i'd really like to kiss him.

How can i tell him without being mean?

Favorite Answer

youd odnt exactly have to tell him, just tell him to drink more water, that rinses out your insides and makes your breath smell better. and offer him mints after eating or whenever you feel he needs one. but take one at the same time so it doesnt make him feel singled out. offer people around u some too.

you can give certain signals you dont have to flat out tell him.

1- you can take a mint for yourself and then offer him one

2- you can make up a story and say something along the lines of

you- so (insert name) was telling me about how her boyfriend had really bad breath and how much it was a turn off etc..

him- yeah i know (or w.e)

you- personal hygiene is important dont you tihnk?

him- yeah yaeh

this woudl just make him aware. dont make it a long convo just something short and sweet.

3- you tell him... no easy way around that.

tell him how it is. I don't think that would be considered mean, you're helping him out. If I had bad breath I would want people to tell me, so i don't go walking around with it, and so i can do something about it.

well you dont have to maybe just have some mints on you every time your with him, lol