I play sports with girls & boys, is it a bad thing that I'm competitive?

For example, in Phys. Ed class I would do most of the "work" myself if some of my team members can't do anything. I just want to cover for them because they aren't moving. To some people it'll make me seem like a ball hog, or whatever you like to call it.

When I play I give it my all, and no one messes around.

Am I too competitive?

Favorite Answer

Do whatever it is you feel NEEDS to be done!!?!! Also try to verbally cheer,encourage or give your team mates pep-talks that it might have them pushing a`little harder for the team !?! Also make sure they get mple rest incase said persons might be needed at time that could very`well put the team on top in points for the rest of whatever the game may be !?! G/L~!!! r'`R`'r

Women usually don't compete in sports on the same level as men. That is one reason why they are separate, along with issues of locker room facilities, etc. I don't think a woman should be able to sue to play on a male team if there is a female team available. But if she wants to play a sport that is unavailable to her, then she has every right to do so. Especially baseball because it's great. This doesn't sound like an issue of a woman suing to attempt to compete at a higher level, she is suing to do something that is unavailable to her. I personally think that, although softball is fun and does have its own virtues, women have gotten hosed by having to play that as their only option. Baseball is better and I hope she wins.

It isn't a bad thing that you're competitive, but make sure the other members of your team get to have a go, even if they hardly do anything everyone should have the chance. They may seem that they can't do anything, but some may surprise you.

It's good that you cover for them, because some people feel very intimated by sports, and may be unco to play.

i wanna play you in soccer and see who's better :)

warning: i'm extremely competitive

i do that too. but i don't think it's a bad thing