art club activities!?

i am chair of activities in my schools art clud (nation arts honnor society) and well its my job to come up with ideas for our club to participate in to get volunteer hours (pertaining to art or not).

so far we have things like, facepainting at events, murals at school, etc... and well do u have any tips or ideas?

its generally any type of art really,people who join are of course in art classes and such. so yeah!

thanks so much!

• Lika
    Favorite Answer

1. My class likes contests . The winner chooses the next activity .

2. My students like to come up with the ideas for indoor games made from recycled materials . The most fun part is creating the rules and trying them out .

I was in art club at my high school. We used to paint the backdrop that the football players would run through at the beginning of each game.

We also did other things you described, but we were also in charge of Homecoming and stuff like that.

Hope I wasn't totally useless lol

These ideas could be used for sales to donate to a school or charitable organization, or as gifts to people who need cheering up or for fun:

Create coloring books

Paint eye glasses holders

Decorate binders and folders

Decorate and bead barettes for hair

Paint, or use markers, shoes

Embroider or bead head bands, scarves, and ski caps

Paint skate boards

Paint/decorate back scratchers

Make scrapbook covers

Offer to decorate homes for holidays

Hold a "Paint-in -students come on the day of the Paint-in with their watercolors or acrylics and customers bring items with them they want decorated. It can be a lot of fun, depending on what people bring to paint.

If you need more clarity for any of these ideas, or need more ideas, email me through my profile here at Yahoo! Answers.

Source(s): I'm a life long artist and teach private students a variety of art classes.

you will possibly desire to to a poetry cafe form ingredient. set up a room in school, or everywhere you ought to use an open area. and function it set up like a eating place. it might desire to be open to all and sundry, and youngsters from the paintings club might desire to write and consider their poems to the objective audience, yet another theory might desire to be to make enjoying cards for ill human beings in hospitals. i've got have been given a lot of techniques in case you will desire to comprehend, e mail me. desire i helped :D

Painting windows for local businesses.

A car wash?

• dragon

combining different fields of art in improv theater: scenario, acting, making props and costumes, music, dance

what about coloring calenders and/or place mats for nursing homes