Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Where can I get an uncut DVD of Ong-Bak 2 with english subs that is compatable with U.S. DVD players.?

I've heard that korean retail DVD's often have perfect subtitles, is this true. Also, I would prefer the uncut as the magnet release on comcast on demand is 12 minutes shorter than the uncut edition.

• mooey
    Favorite Answer

If you do find this on E bay or Amazon you might have to have a region free DVD player to watch it. The format of the DVD might be in Pal format and it will not play on a U.S. DVD player unless you buy a converter to convert the signal.

It all depends on what "region" your DVD player is, and what region code and format the movie is on. If you live in the US and you downloaded a European movie, don't bother burning it to a DVD. Unless you have a modified DVD player, you won't be able to play it. There are two incompatible formats, and your DVD player is programmed specifically to play only one type. Removing the region code won't fix it, either. They actually play back and different resolutions and things like that. You can probably play it on a PC, but a DVD player will balk at it.

Why not try Amazon or Ebay.