LIZA asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I wanted to know if I was having a miscarriage or not?

Early September, I started bleeding, when I don't usualy expect my period until about the 20th of each month. I very lightly bled for a week, then stopped. After 3 days, I started bleeding again, heavier. I bled like that for a week, and then I started getting cramps, like my normal period. That lasted another week. Finally toward the end of September, I stopped bleeding. I went in for a doctors appointment on October 7th, and found out I was pregnant. Took a blood test, and my HCG level was 77. After 48 hours, I took another one, and I think my levels went up to 107, but my fiance said th doctor said 177 (if that matters). From the time I began bleeding to now, I have only had sex once, which was on September 30th, exactly 1 week before my first blood test. I have to go in next week for more blood tests, but I can't stand the wait. Am I having a miscarriage, or an early pregnancy??

• Nymphy
    Favorite Answer

About 25-30% of pregnant women experience some type of spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy. This can be a result of many different factors including implantation bleeding, infection, cervical irritation, ectopic pregnancy or a threatened miscarriage. Many women who have this light bleeding go on to have normal pregnancies and healthy babies. About half of the women who experience some light bleeding will go on to have heavier bleeding that will ultimately result in miscarriage. Unfortunately there is no way to predict whether or not vaginal bleeding will progress to miscarriage. If you experience light bleeding that continues to get heavier, accompanied by painful cramping, back pain or stabbing pains, then you would want to seek medical attention right away. GL!

You do not look like you are able to be a mother, however optimistically those subsequent 8 months permit you to develop up a little bit. First, if you're smoking you must quit instantly. Don't fear approximately what you probably did earlier than you knew you have been pregnant however now that you recognize, you must be caring for your self. Heavy lifting proper now as a rule is not going to be a concern and being hit within the belly additionally may not be a concern because the child is at the back of your pelvic bone proper now. You have to make an appointment with an OB/GYN, begin taking prenatal nutrients, give up smoking, ingesting, medicinal drugs, and many others. Most miscarriages aren't induced through whatever the mum did or didn't accomplish that if you happen to occur to miscarry, you'll be able to be really confident that you just did not do whatever to rationale it.

i had this happen to me im not saying your having m/c but i was pregnant and i had bleeding over 10 times really light though sometimes it ended up i had a blighted ovum i didnt end up misscarrying till i was about 9 weeks i think .. but im pregnant again at the begining of my pregnancy i had bleeding at about 7 weeks went to er and everything was fine then again at 12 weeks i had major bleeding with clots and baby was fine first time i saw her on a u/s it was the best thing i ever seen and im now 37 weeks and waiting her arrival just think positive once you havean ultrasound youll feel so much better

i bled for months in my pregnancys, the second to the third to be exact but it was mostly spotting enough to wear a liner. not that im saying thats normal in all cases. my misscariage came with cramping and heavy bleeding with blood clots