Would I be able to change my name with out going to court?

I can't afford the price to change my name. It cost 56.00 plus the cost of the paperwork. My adopted mom wants my name changed. Can i change my name on my ID card? My mom and I picked out a name for me. She's willing to take me to the license place to change my name.

Also she doesn't want to spend money to legalize my name.


I want to start using my new name on January 1st

1 Answer

  • Veto R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, you have to go to court to change your name. It's just one of the means the state uses to identify you legally and that is why a court order is required.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.