Confederate Flag why is it still flying?

Why if we are suppose to be United the Confederate Flag is still flying in some States?

I am very offended when I see this being from the North.

Favorite Answer

I have lived in Mississippi all of my life so this has definitely been apart of my life. I get that people say it's a part of history but not a good part. Rational people don't hang up swastikas even though those were a part of history. The fact is that A LOT of people find the flag offensive. Those people are tax payers too so the flag should not fly over a government institution. As far as personal vehicles, homes, etc, we can't do anything about that because it's their right but it does mark them as morons to be avoided. Just in case anyone wants to know: I am white.

stop being so offended. it's part of the southern culture- we've been having this debate for over 100 years and the flag still flies in people's trucks, bedrooms, and even over the SC state capital. it's not going away, so learning to live with it is still your best option.

PS

the flag is no longer seen as divisive like it was during the civil war, it's seen as a source of southern pride. i think it's disrespectful the way us northerner's choose to only see it as a bad symbol because we don't see it flown on a daily basis.

I saw some idiot today with it in the back of his redneck pick up truck. I bet most who have it don't even have any idea what it is or represents. They just know it as the "rebel flag" and they're rebels sooooo....

I live in the north also.

• Mike K

Hello,

Because there are many who adhere to the slogan that the south will rise again.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly