Average Heterozygosity VS Nucleotide variability?

I'm in AP Bio, and in my book it says that the higher the nucleotide variability, the higher the average heterozygosity would be, but I have no idea how this works and it gives no additional information.

What exactly is the relationship between heterozygosity and nucleotide variability?

Favorite Answer

Well there are only 4 nucleotides (5 if you want to be picky and count uracil). Heterozygosity simply means that individual is heterozygous for a particular gene (meaning they possess one dominant and one recessive allele eg. Aa). The more variable the nucleotides, the more variable the proteins, the more variable the proteins, the more variable the genes. So basically it's a fancy way of saying the more combinations you have the more genetically diverse the individual (and heterozygous is the most diverse of the genotypic models).

Source(s): College Bio : )

Nucleotide Variability

Definition Of Nucleotide

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): average heterozygosity nucleotide variability: https://biturl.im/NvX79