HOW OFTEN DOES A PS3 BREAK DOWN?? AND WHY?

ok so i bought a brand new no longer manufacturing original 80 gb playstation 3 online at walmart. I only like the original ps3 so i really hope that there is no problem with it. but my friends been telling me that he already exchanged his ps3 three times already since he first bought it.. so i just want to know how long does your ps3 last?? let me know asap plz

I have one of the original ps3 and its worked since the day i bought it, thats been about 2 years ago. My cousins broke though because he left it on all day. The old ones are better, then the new slim ones. The old ones run more smoothly and dont freeze as much.

Mine lasted about 4 months before getting broken. I even kept it on a high-off-the-ground table and it was well ventilated.

My stable answer is to return it and get a Xbox 360. Thats what I did.

BTW - I'm no Xbox Fanboy - I just prefer it over my now broken PS3.

Haaaaii ;D,

i hadd mine for like a couple of months or somee shiit and in excellent condition and myy friend broke his after he had it for 3 days :00 i know wow ;PP lmao yeahh so i guess it depends on how youh treat it :} ,,

dont leave it on the ground and the controllers laying around or somone is bund to stand on it ;P

take good care of it :}

home i helped ;D

xox

• Alex

He's dicking you around then and he's and idiot the PS3 breaks down like 1 out 10.000 units, even if it breaks down its your HDD and those can be replaced. If you really want it go buy but don't listen to what other idiots say.

**** the ps3 and the consoles, your using a better gaming rig right now!