Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Do you like the name Savannah Rayne?

I asked this question yesterday, but i think because of the time dif here in Aust maybe more people are on line now :)

I asked about my fave name Savannah and someone suggested Savannah Rain..as i suppose a play on meanings

but after some research i found out that RAYNE is French for Queen

and the full name Savannah Rayne would be Desert Queen...and i have an obsession with Egyptology..and it reminds me of Cleopatra

AND....to me sounds like something precious or rare..

What other names do you think go with Savannah Rayne

I like Savannah Ivy Rayne..

Any thoughts? thanks :)

so many different websites say so many different meanings...some said reigne others rayne or rain or reign etc

most of them mean either queen, high councel or quite literaly rain!

i like the spelling of Rayne more then any of the others, this is why i picked it :)

Favorite Answer

Savannah Rayne by itself is perfect!

Savannah Rayne is really great, creative, contrasting but complementing at the same time. It seems like you've put a lot of effort into finding this name, it's perfect, welldone!!!

The meaning is really cool too!

I think you should keep Savannah Rayne together, so maybe put another name after that.

How about:

Savannah Rayne Adrienne

Savannah Rayne Autumn

Savannah Rayne Blanche

Savannah Rayne Mya

Savannah Rayne Opal

Savannah Rayne Quinn

Savannah Rayne True

Savannah Rayne Yasmin

:) x*x*

Savannah Ivy Rayne is goregeous! i also like Savannah Rayne Lily or Savannah Lily Rayne. if ur going 4 something rare id say Savannah Ruby Rain, Savannah Emerald Rayne, Savannah Diamond Rayne,

I LOVE Savannah Rayne! And especially of what it means name. Thats really cool!

But Savannah Ivy Rayne, I'm not too fond of. I dont like how 'Ivy and Rain' are next to eachother....Do you see what I am saying?

Maybe these:

Savannah Rayne Marie

Savannah Taylor Rayne

Savannah Rayne Sophia

Savannah Sophia Rayne

Savannah Rayne Priscilla

(: I love Savannah Rayne Priscilla. I think its very unusual and cool!

• vg61

Savannah Rayne or Savannah Reine is very pretty. I also like Savannah Raine as kind of a play on words. Raine as in rain yet it has an e on the end like Reine (queen). I like your reasoning behind the choice. *:)

• April

Yes, I think Savannah Rayne is a cute name....

"Rayne" is not a French word. There would never be a word that looked like that in French. "Reine" is the word in French for queen. It is pronounced, more or less, like "Ren," except the N is pronounced barely, and through the nose, almost silent.

Savannah Reine is nice.

Source(s): linguistics student in college.