Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 1 decade ago

Obama won Nobel Peace Prize?

I PURPOSELY posted this question in Entertainment section so please don't report it or delete it.

Obama won Nobel peace prize as you can see but i still don't get why because he hasn't done anything.

Any comments on that?

Favorite Answer

I guess because he has bashed America and apologized for everything that we have ever done or thought about doing. So of course the socialists running the committee love him. Americans however don't. I don't even think we elected him now that ACORN has been accused of casting like millions of illegal votes all for him.That place needs to be shut down. Id like to see a fair election once.

awarded by an unbiased, unpolitical, independent committee

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

He really hasn't done anything yet, which is why it was awarded prematurely in my opinion. As for why he won, I don't have the slightest idea. He may have deserved it at some point, but he should have been given more of a chance to do rather than just talk first. Being nominated for the prize a month after the election was not right.

posting in this section is perfect. hahahaha

god, obama has an approval rating that's into the 40's and it's only like a year in, but the media still tries to make it like everyone loves the man. Granted the people that do support him are fanatical. It's just like another page in the script of a movie that I'm getting very sick of.

I think it is kind of odd.

But remember that they gave a peace prize to Kissinger while he was stirring up the middle east in the 60s and 70s.

The peace prize has become pretty meaningless.

They awarded Barack Obama the Nobel Peace Price to put a spotlight on him so that he will try as hard as he can to live up to the award. By giving him the award they are hoping that he will now earn it.

There are a lot of these questions out there but I will answer this anyway.

This is why he got it and I also don't understand but...

1.He isn't Bush

2.He is Black

3.He made a few speeches

4.His dreams of a world at peace.

5.It's just because I just simply don't know.

Obama is the world's "peacemaker".

That's why he got the Nobel PEACE Prize.

because he's the first black president. The nobel prize has become such a joke! Al gore won it for the love of all things holy!! AL GORE!!!

EDIT: Steeler's girl knows how it is

They basically gave it to him for being inspirational with his words and being such a inspirational public speaker, they gave it to him for talking not doing which i myself believe to be ridiculous.