Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

I am 17, female very matture for my age, but I feel very lonely. Please read. I need help?

To begin, I am a christian, and I thought having sisters and brothers in Lord would be very comforting, warm and loving. But I don't feel it, I mean it feels like when I am involved with a big group of people and I don't feel connected to them and also when I attend church with my real birth sister and brother in law, I always get ignored, not because people don't like me, but I think because I am not good at conversations. I do have friends, we talk and laugh, I am not shy, I don't know. I feel so lonely. I used to have a deep relationship with my sister but she changed into a mean person. I mean she gives people attitude sometimes and we always have to please her. I also feel that I really want a boyfriend ( a real mature loving one), but I can't find one at the moment, and I know I should be patient, but loneliness makes me feel so small. Everyone related to me don't understand me and I think I need someone to talk to.

I don't know why I wrote this here, but it's really heartbreaking. I got other problems too but I need to talk with somebody.

Thank you for listening guys ^_____^

Favorite Answer

You seem like an amazing girl.

You're going through a lot right now, but you're 17. It's normal for teenagers to feel different, out of the loop, and lonely. But make sure you're doing something about it! Go out with your friends, have fun.

As for the boyfriend thing... You've probably heard it many times, "You don't need a guy to be happy." It's a hard thing to wrap your head around at times, and I know it's easier said than done, but guys aren't worth it all the time. Make sure who you find is someone you want, not just because you are lonely. You are young, you have your whole life to find someone to make you happy. For now, focus on making yourself happy:).

It's good to let your feelings out, and even get a response from people. I'm a 17 year old female as well, and I can relate to many of the things you are feeling right now. Just keep your head up, you're not alone, and things always get better!

Hope I helped:)

• Jack N

Being mature for your age could easily be part of the reason for you not fitting in. People your age will be maturing at various rates, and some will never mature. I feel a thousand times more mature now than I did at 17. It amazes me how immature that I must have been back then when I think about it.

Being a Christian is all about giving. Instead of being concerned about what you are receiving from fellow Christians, concentrate on what you can give to others to help them feel the love and comfort that you would like to receive. As you give happiness, you will eventually receive happiness. Just be patient.

I hope that all your dreams and wishes come true. May God bless you and help you through your hard times.

I'm also 17 and I also sometimes have problems relating to other my own age because many of them seem so immature. I really like working with adults on projects at church because I seem to relate better with them. Try volunteering for some area where you will be teamed up with older people.

Some Christians can be pretty shallow in their faith, but most are very willing to help out if they know there is a need. It sounds like you may need to talk to others and let your needs be known. Now that I know you are hurting, I'll be praying for you. I wish that I could do more.

after i read the first sentence "To begin, I am a christian, and I thought having sisters and brothers in Lord would be very comforting, warm and loving." i totally lost hope and am not going to bother reading the rest.

please, don't waste your life to religion. god is not even real. enjoy it will you still have it.

aww u sound like such a cute, honest, and nice person. dont worry girl aslong as there r people in this world you'll never b alone. i know u dont know me but if u ever need to talk hit me up :]

hey wats up?

Life isnt just about being lonely, and dont worry about those ppl in church either, they only go there to wear mask and pretend like they care, you should just do things that will make you happy

You didn't really ask a question, nice try though.