Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you believe it's wrong that some Christians believe in Faith, Hope, and Charity?

First I just want to say I don't know where the thumbs down came from... not from me anyway.

No1home2…

I purposely omitted certain details to see how people would respond in their absence. Of course I do not believe the opposite is true. In fact I think we agree... at least on a more general level.

Anyway thanks for the answers, everyone. Sorry if I came off as jerk...

Favorite Answer

Why on earth would that be wrong? Faith, hope, and charity are things Christians are supposed to believe in.

• David

Catholicism is The only true Christian Faith. Catholicism leads to eternal happiness in heaven, since Catholicism teaches a full gospel, because Catholicism teaches We are saved by Christ's grace alone, through faith and works done in charity inspired by the Holy Spirit for salvation, and that is a true gospel of works (Galatians 1:6-9). For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God--not because of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

It's clear from the Book of Acts in the Bible that Catholics existed during the days of Acts. And Is where the word Christian was invented.

Evodius was the first Bishop of Antioch a Catholic, and he is credited with being the first person to call the followers of Christ, "Christians", as shown in Acts 11:26. See Eusebius, book 3, chapter 22.http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05653a.htm

Saint Ignatius (35-107), the second Bishop of Antioch wrote a letter to the Smyrneans in 107 A.D..

In this letter is recorded the first known use of the words "Catholic Church"...

Catholicism existed for Centuries before any Protestant sect was formed .Centuries after Jesus formed the First church the catholic church.. Those in the Book of Acts are the first Christians, and they believed what would be called Catholic doctrine today. ANYONE can read the Book of Acts for themselves and see. Had Protestantism existed during the time of Acts, the first Christians would have rejected It completely Because the Bible was not yet formed neither the doctrines of OSAS , Faith alone, and Sola scriptura. .

Also there's Heretic Christians who also completely rejected Catholicism, long before Martin Luther was even born. At the Council Of Nicea they were rejected and were called Arians. Which is why we have the belief In the Trinity they rejected the heretics.

And there is no "pope" in the Bible Because they were called Bishops Which is what they are still called. Every "pope" is a Vicar Of Christ.

There were ALWAYS saved believers outside the catholic , who did not know The full truth of Catholicism but that was by the grace of the savior they would have been catholic if given the time.

Catholicism saves. By Only believing in Jesus alone for salvation, That is what the Catholic church teaches.

The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus loves you so very much! :D The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven and avoid being sent to eternal hell, is by believing

We believe in one God,

the Father, the Almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the only son of God,

eternally begotten of the Father,

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,

of one being with the Father.

Through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation

he came down from heaven:

by the power of the Holy Spirit

he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,

and was made man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;

he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again

in accordance with the Scriptures;

he ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead,

and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father [and the Son].

With the Father and the Son

he is worshipped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,

and the life of the world to come. AMEN.

I'm not a "protestant". I'm a saved believer in Jesus

That would be a no.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, and even if I don't believe in god, I do believe in charity. As to faith, that's a kind of personal thing in a way, and every ones interpretation of that is different.

If something gives hope then who am I to see that as wrong.

If I get Faith, Hope, and Charity and they look like Hugh Hefner's girlfriends I might convert immediately!

No - nothing wrong with it at all. Even non-Christians could find virtue in these values.

I am wondering if you consider that the opposite is better - doubt, hopelessness (which leads to depression), and self-centeredness. At least, that's what I, personally, infer from your question. (I mean, you didn't ask if it's RIGHT, but if it's WRONG. It's the wording that gives the meaning to a question.)

• Paul

"Wrong" !!! Every Christian should not only believe these things, but allow God to work them out through their life.

Source(s): ep