Tori asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

question on wavelength?

Sound waves with constant frequency of 250 hertz are traveling through air at STP. Calculate the wavelength of the sound waves.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the relevant equation here is

c = L f where c is the speed of the wave, L is the wavelength and f is the frequency

so L = c/f

look up the speed of sound at STP (approx 340 m/s) and divide this value by 250Hz, your wavelength should be approximately 1.4m

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wavelength*frequency=speed of sound in air at STP

wavelength=speed of sound/frequency

wavelength= (340.29meters/second)/(250 1/s)=340.29/250 meters

= 1.36116 meters

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

that's an exceptionally stable question, and that i did not comprehend the respond, so I called god (I truthfully have him on my velocity dial for in simple terms those form of motives) and that i wasn't waiting to get him on the telephone. that's humorous ~ now which you point out it, i've got in no way been waiting to get him on the telephone =/ that's like he's not probably there or some thing. I in simple terms save getting his answering service. enable me attempt it back. dangle on a 2d. *mumbles, ok action picture star, seven, seven, seven* Nope! same message "The kind you're attempting to attain seven, seven, seven is unavailable at present. to depart a voice message . . ." Oh properly, i attempted. Sorry.

• tami
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It's possible definitely

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lamda = STP/f = STP/250. Should be enough.

• 1 decade ago

Do you have go to james madison high school?

• 4 years ago

Maybe that's right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.