Tori asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

question on wavelength?

Sound waves with constant frequency of 250 hertz are traveling through air at STP. Calculate the wavelength of the sound waves.

Favorite Answer

the relevant equation here is

c = L f where c is the speed of the wave, L is the wavelength and f is the frequency

so L = c/f

look up the speed of sound at STP (approx 340 m/s) and divide this value by 250Hz, your wavelength should be approximately 1.4m

Wavelength*frequency=speed of sound in air at STP

wavelength=speed of sound/frequency

wavelength= (340.29meters/second)/(250 1/s)=340.29/250 meters

= 1.36116 meters

that's an exceptionally stable question, and that i did not comprehend the respond, so I called god (I truthfully have him on my velocity dial for in simple terms those form of motives) and that i wasn't waiting to get him on the telephone. that's humorous ~ now which you point out it, i've got in no way been waiting to get him on the telephone =/ that's like he's not probably there or some thing. I in simple terms save getting his answering service. enable me attempt it back. dangle on a 2d. *mumbles, ok action picture star, seven, seven, seven* Nope! same message "The kind you're attempting to attain seven, seven, seven is unavailable at present. to depart a voice message . . ." Oh properly, i attempted. Sorry.

• tami

It's possible definitely

lamda = STP/f = STP/250. Should be enough.

Do you have go to james madison high school?

Maybe that's right