Do opposites really attract?

I am introspective, philosophical... Think way too much. Analyze actions, attach meaning to everything. Try to understand why something happened, look for patterns... etc. Sorta shy...

I have this friend. She is very outgoing, knows who she is, and is very decisive. She just does things, whatever is needed to be done. No ifs and buts... Just get it done.

Common. We are extremely honest with each other. I like her very much... but have settled for friends. But yea, she is basically opposite of me.

I guess, we have conflicts sometimes. We argue. We try to influence each other. Hm, what keeps us going is our honesty and cuz we care about each other. And cuz she loves to argue lol. And I just like her, just talking to me... It never gets boring.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

do opposites attract? only if you're a magnet.

Source(s): been there, done that.

Friends are meant to argue once and a while. It's a true friend that can still maintain a healthy relationship after a conflict. In human nature, where MANY things are possible, opposites do not always attract like it does in science--a point where thinkers could be argued as incorrect in the 18th century by thinking science and math could be applied to all aspects of life.

Source(s): The mind

Well it really depends on what traits are opposite. It really helps when a friend or spouse has a strength where you have a weakness and vice versa, but if you have completely opposite political or religious views, that is a completely different ball game. It's nice to have someone to debate with... but if it turns into a full blown argument or fight that really gets exhausting.

Opposites level each other out. Like dirt to a flower because it's there to support it. But what the flower desires is it's water & sunshine. Flowers can live in just water, or not just water as well... It needs something to provide it's definition with a source of energy. We glow in the inside and glisten on the out. Is she extra dirt for keepsake? Is she the flower in the water?? Questions to explain...

Source(s): ripped away from love. happens to me alot. Call out : Hey there opposite!

opposites attract all the time. in this case, you give her the social space to be a bit more dominant, while you take a more passive role. that's perfectly ok. sometimes relationships work out better that way.

Only briefly, and the relationship always ends badly. Birds of a feather, on the other hand....

opposites do attract, but depending on the extent of that opposite...ness. it may be fun to do different things, but if you have different goals, different attitudes, different beliefs, in the long run, the difference won't be bearable. you may be attracted to eachother, but you cant build a healthy, commited relationship if youre different

i think you should go for it. sounds like you really like her. me and my husband are opposites i love him to death!!!

you'll know pretty quick if it wont work out.

just be careful not to get to attached just in case it dont work out

Yeah, friend are friends if you like her don't give it a second thought.

Have you ever a magnet?