I got my period how do I tell my mom and should I tell my dad?

Am I gonna have cramps? Any other details I should know?

Favorite Answer

definitely tell your mom but your dad is optional. Its ok to feel a bit awkward but its nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't know about your mom, but yes, cramps are a possibility. Ask her about what her periods are like and usually its pretty similar to what you'll get. She'll help you through it with stuff like pads, cleaning your underwear, what to expect, that kind of thing. Good luck :)

Source(s): I still remember telling my mom a few years back

Yeah You should tell your mom...

That's who will be buying you, your pads and what not.

And your mom will tell your dad.

And he won't say anything a bout it.

He's an adult he knows what goes on with woman and it won't be weird with him knowing.

Yes you'll probably get camps...

But I didn't have them at first when I go mine.

But Now I get em bad the first two days!

A heating pad and Midol or Ibuprofen for cramps and what not.

I usually buy wipes to feel cleaner.

Just shower everyday and clean down there good so you don;t feel you smell or something.

I'm a freak when it comes to that I am always making sure I am extra clean down there lol.

But other than that...

I want to eat a lot when I am on my period!!

So buy some snacks but not crazy fattening ones.

Feeling fat is normal...I am bloated threw my whole period it sucks!!

Just rent some chick flicks and relax.

But when you get bad cramps exercise actually helps. so maybe go for a walk??

I hope this helped!!

If you got some blood on your panties, you could ask your mom how to remove the blood. Or you could go to the store and grab the pads, she'll get the message.

You don't have to tell your dad, unless you need pad or something....

Ask your mom if she got cramps. Cramps sometimes run in the family. But there is no real way of telling.

Source(s): http://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/home.jsp (for period questions)

Just be straight forward with your mom, and it's totally up to you if you want to tell your dad or not. Yes, you'll get cramps, and you'll probably feel a little sick.

Sorry :( But congrats!! :)

i wud tell ur mom, just say mom, i got my period for the first time. She shud tell you everything you need to know. But yes you will most likely have cramps

telling your dad is probably not necessary, your mom will probably tell him, or he will soon enough find out

i got my first period 3 days ago. i told my mom and she told my dad. i didnt have any symptoms either

just say to your mom " hey mom i am a women now" and your dad you should go sit down while he is watching football and say "Hey Dad who is winning right now and guess what i am a women now" he will be to distracted to even notice.

tell your mom of course

and i dont think its something you would just randomly share with your dad

but thats up to you

no need to tell dad

WELL I JUST GOT MY PERIOD THIS LAST APRIL FOOLS DAY AND I TOLD MY GRANDMA AND IDT SHE TOD MY DAD